JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Familiarity breeds contempt

“John answered their questions by saying, “I baptize with water; but someone is coming soon who is greater than I am – so much greater that I am not even worthy to be his slave. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.” (Luke 3: 16)
John the Baptizer who was praised by Jesus as the greatest man born of woman says here: Jesus is “so much greater that I am not even worthy to be his slave.” If John is not worthy to be the slave of Jesus, how about us? When I watch how people behave inside the Church where we believe in the real presence of Jesus in the Tabernacle, I wonder if the behavior is caused by lack of faith or by too much familiarity with Jesus, the type of familiarity that breeds contempt.
Lord, give us a deep awareness of your presence in the Blessed Sacrament and in the Eucharist and a corresponding reverence for Your Majesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2