JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Forgiving and retaining sins

“Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone’s sins, they are forgiven; if you retain anyone’s sins, they are retained.” (John 20: 22-23)
The Church teaches that by the above instruction, Jesus Christ instituted once and for all times the Sacrament of Reconciliation, also called, the Sacrament of Penance, Sacrament of Confession. Since I returned fully to the practice of my faith, this Sacrament has become a powerful weapon in my arsenal. St. Paul instructs us in Ephesians 6 to put on the “full armor.” My armory is made up of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, the Eucharist, Prayer, the word of God and a few others.
Today, at the Dominican Church in downtown, I had course to thank Jesus Christ once again for this Sacrament. The pattern I established many years ago for using this Sacrament has been very helpful to me. I do not wait until “something happens” to take recourse of this Sacrament. I try to go once in two weeks and I have found this routine best for me. Weekly seems too short and monthly appears too long to remember everything that should be mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2