JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you


"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I dedicated you,
a prophet to the nations I appointed you"  (Jeremiah 1: 5)

Jeremiah received sanctifying grace in the womb for his prophetic mission.

"Before birth the LORD called me,
from my mother’s womb he gave me my name.*
He made my mouth like a sharp-edged sword,
concealed me, shielded by his hand.
He made me a sharpened arrow,
in his quiver he hid me."  (Isaiah 49: 1 - 2)

Isaiah is another prophet who received supernatural grace in the womb for his mission.  Supernatural or sanctifying grace is the unmerited favor and permanent disposition God places in or soul that enables us to love God, respond to His love, love our neighbor and be god-like.  This is the same grace given to every Christian in Baptism. In the scriptures, we see instances of this in Isaiah, Jeremiah and John the Baptist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2