JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Why not let yourself be cheated?


"Now indeed [then] it is, in any case, a failure on your part that you have lawsuits against one another. Why not rather put up with injustice? Why not rather let yourselves be cheated?"  (1 Corinthians 6: 7)

Dear Jesus, this is a tough teaching.  I feel injustice keenly.  I am very resentful when I am cheated.  When I work for somebody and I am not paid, I feel angry.  But your word above is clear.  You ask me to be willing to suffer persecution for the sake of righteousness.  Well, you practiced what you teach, didn't you.  When you were insulted, spit upon and cursed, you did not answer back.

You ask us to learn from you because you are meek and humble of heart and that your yoke is easy.  I am willing to try.  Help me Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2