JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, February 03, 2013

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you


"The word of the Lord came to me, saying: before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I dedicated you, a prophet to the nations I appointed you."  (Jeremiah 1: 4 - 5)

Lord, what would you have me do?

"Faith makes us taste in advance the light of the beatific vision, the goal of our journey here below. Then we shall see God "face to face", "as he is". So faith is already the beginning of eternal life:
When we contemplate the blessings of faith even now, as if gazing at a reflection in a mirror, it is as if we already possessed the wonderful things which our faith assures us we shall one day enjoy."  (Catechism of the Catholic Church #163)

Thank you Lord for the gift of faith.  I have a taste here and now of "the wonderful things which our faith assures us."

Faith gives us access to the Promise of God's pardon, peace, power, purpose, provision and presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2