JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, February 13, 2017

Do you not remember?

"The disciples had forgotten to bring bread, and they had only one loaf with them in the boat." (Mark 8: 14 NABRE)

We often ask the Lord for favors on health, family, money, job, etc.  The Lord is pleased to grant us the favor  to help grow our faith in Him.   Since no condition is permanent and the favor was meant to be renewed through fresh request, the next time we feel the need, we panic instead of asking again with confidence.

The Lord Jesus chides the disciples and us with these words:  "Do you not yet understand or comprehend? Are your hearts hardened?  Do you have eyes and not see, ears and not hear? And do you not remember."  (Mark 8: 17 -  18)

Why do we forget so often details of God's past mercies?  I find personally that even when I write the favor in my journal, I still forget.  I do better when I ask the Holy Spirit to remind me of the favors I have enjoyed from God. 

 “Do you still not understand?”  (Mark 8: 21)

Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2