JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

God sent a man before them, Joseph sold as a slave.

“I am your brother Joseph, whom you sold into Egypt.  But now do not be distressed, and do not be angry with yourselves for having sold me here. It was really for the sake of saving lives that God sent me here ahead of you."  (Genesis 45: 4 - 5).

The Scripture above is one of the most beautiful text in the whole of Sacred Scripture.  Why? It teaches about the great doctrine and mystery of Divine Providence.  The Church defines Divine Providence as:

"Divine providence consists of the dispositions by which God guides all his creatures with wisdom and love to their ultimate end."  (CCC 321).

The Providential will of God appears casual and haphazard in its operations.  This makes it difficult to recognize or believe.
The ordinary providence of God constitutes 99.9% of His operations.  This is His modus operandi or simply the way God governs His world.

"You give me bread to feed me, soap to cleanse me, fire to purify me, and a chisel to shape my human form into one worthy of heaven.  You give me everything I need. What I seek elsewhere seeks me out and offers itself to me through all creation." 
(Jean-Pierre de Caussade, SJ - ABANDONMENT TO DIVINE PROVIDENCE)

Jean-Pierre de Caussade, an 18th century French Jesuit is one of the leading authorities on Divine Providence.

"O God, whose providence never fails in its design, keep from us, we humbly beseech you, all that might harm us and grant all that works for our good.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever."
(Collect Wednesday 9th week of Ordinary Time).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2