JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Where you go, I will go.

"But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.  Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried." (Ruth 1: 16 - 17).

These are the immortal words of Ruth to her mother-in-law Naomi.  I say immortal because these words have been read over the years with great emotion and consolation. Who would not like to have the like of Ruth as a daughter-in-law?

Be that as it may, St Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Jesuits had similar ideals in his relationship with Jesus. He stated his objectives as follows:
#1.  To know the Heart of Jesus intimately.
#2. To love Him passionately.
#3.  To follow Him everywhere.

Ruth lived out her ideals and became the great grandmother of King David, and in the genealogy of Jesus Christ.  St Ignatius lived out his ideals and became the founder of the Society of Jesus, an Order that continues to have impact in the Church and in the world.

Here are other idealists:
St Francis Xavier opened India, Japan and China for Christ.
Billy Graham (still alive) preached to some 215 million people in 185 countries.
Mother St Teresa of Kolkata impacted the world with her service of the poor and the rejected.
Martin Luther King gave his life for the cause of racial harmony.

Someone said that great desire or great ideal make great people.

What are your desires? What are your ideals?

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2