JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, April 02, 2018

I have seen the Lord.

"But Mary Magdalene stayed outside the tomb weeping."  (John 20: 11).

Have you noticed that we have been hearing a lot about Mary Magdalene in the past few days? There is a reason for this.  Not because she was the "wife" of Jesus. That was a crazy Da Vinci myth. Happily and predictably that fake news has died and  consigned to the dust heap of history. Mary Magdalene was a significant personality in the early Christian community.

The Scripture below is taken from the feast of Mary Magdalene on July 22st.

"The Bride says:
On my bed at night I sought him
whom my heart loves — I sought him but I did not find him.
I will rise then and go about the city;
 in the streets and crossings I will seek Him whom my heart loves."  (Song of Songs 3: 1- 2).

This is the first Reading chosen for the feast of St Mary Magdalene.  It illustrates the intense love of Mary Magdalene for Jesus.  She sought the dead among the dead and found the Risen Jesus waiting for her.  Jesus promised "Seek and you shall find."  ( Matthew 7: 7). Jesus rewarded Mary by saying to her:  
"Go to my brothers and tell them:
I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."  (John 20:  17).

And Mary responded and announced to the disciples: “I have seen the Lord,” and then reported what he told her."  (John 20: 18).

This made Mary Magdalene both the first person to see Jesus after His Resurrection and the first messenger of the Gospel.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2