JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, August 18, 2018

My flesh is true food.

"Jesus said to the crowds:
“I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.”  (John 6: 51).

Once again we savor the Bread of life Discourse.  This teaching is so important for the life of the Christian and the Church that Mother Church is never tired of serving this menu again and again.

"For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him."  (John 6: 55 - 56).

Those who come to the Table of the Lord must leave their lofty learning behind. This Food is for the simple of heart, the childlike, the lowly.

“Let whoever is simple turn in here;
to the one who lacks understanding, she says,
Come, eat of my food, and drink of the wine I have mixed! Forsake foolishness that you may live; advance in the way of understanding.” (Proverbs 9: 4 - 6).

What is your response to Jesus? Come to the Table and "taste and see the goodness of the Lord."  (Psalm 34: 9).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2