JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, August 02, 2018

Do not forget your ancient landmarks.

"And Jesus did not work many mighty deeds there because of their lack of faith." (Matthew 13: 58).

Familiarity amongst Jesus' kith and kin did not only breed contempt but bred unbelief as well.  Result? No faith, no miracle. Let us take stock of our faith.

Rule #1: How aware are you of all the good things God has done for you?  St John the Evangelist calls miracles signs. A sign is something that points to something else. Some modern commentators call miracle divine intervention.  I like this definition.  Scripture urges us:
"Do not forget your ancient Landmark."  (Proverbs 22: 28).
I decided recently to review the Timeline of my life to check on my ancient landmarks.  I was shocked at what I discovered. The least active decades had more than half a dozen landmarks.  Each of them, very impressive divine intervention.   Take for example when I received a major and transformative promotion which I had not expected.  I still look at it today as a miracle.

"Bless the Lord, my soul; and do not forget all his gifts." (Psalm 103: 2).
Help me gracious God never to forget any of Your benefits. I will recall the wondrous deeds You have done for me. (Cf 105: 5).

Jesus chides His disciples:
"Do you not yet understand, and do you not remember?" (Matthew 16: 9).

Remembering and understanding God's marvelous deeds in your life is the key to affluence or living the Abundant life promised by Jesus. (Cf John 10: 10).

Keep a record of God's mercies. Never forget your ancient landmarks.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2