JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, January 18, 2020

The Choice, the Call and the Anointing of a Messenger.


"John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world." (John 1: 29).

Sunday 19 January 2020, 2nd Sunday in Ordinary Time. The Church presents a unified strong voice in all the Scripture readings: 1st, 2nd, Responsorial Psalm and Gospel. What is the common theme? The Choice, the Call and the Anointing. The principal characters in today's Scripture: Isaiah, John the Baptist, Jesus and Paul were all chosen, called and anointed to ministry by the Father.

Last Sunday, we celebrated the Baptism of the Lord and had the opportunity to renew our Baptismal Promises. We heard that we too are chosen, called and anointed to bear witness to the Death, Resurrection and Name of Jesus. These Scriptures from today's Liturgy point to our mission.

"The Lord said to me: You are my servant, Israel, through whom I show my glory..... I will make you a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth." (Isaiah 49: 3, 5 - 6).

Jesus is the Light of the world. Isaiah, John the Baptist and Paul and Christians carry the Light of the Gospel to our world.

"Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God..." (1 Corinthians 1: 1 - 3).

We Christians are called along with Paul to be holy and missionary.

"I have waited, waited for the Lord,
and he stooped toward me and heard my cry. And he put a new song into my mouth, a hymn to our God." (Responsorial Psalm 40: 8-9).

Wait for the Lord to commission you. Be patient. In the fullness of time, He will do it. The Holy Spirit will give you all the needed gifts for your ministry.

Daily Bible Verse
@ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2