JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, December 06, 2020

My friend, your sins are forgiven you.

"My friend, your sins are forgiven you." (Luke 5: 20).

Monday 7th December 2020, 2nd Week of Advent is the feast of St Ambrose of Milan (340 - 397). Bishop and Doctor of the Church. Italian. Ambrose was a high civil servant in the Roman imperial government in the city of Milan when Jesus Christ tapped him to shepherd His Church.
A man of immense talent and holiness, he brought along all his gifts to his new vocation of priest and Bishop. Great preacher, he touched the cold heart of the young Augustine and converted him. He was also a great politician who dealt with emperors without fear. Last but not the least, he left the Church volumes of theological works that continue to nourish the Church.

In our key Scripture for today, Jesus addressed a paralytic: "My friend, your sins are forgiven you." I call this 'straight talk'. I like the Lord to talk to me like this so that I can understand Him clearly. Once upon a time, a woman made me a gift of money after a group Rosary in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. I said to her: "I can never accept this." The Lord Jesus who was watching the whole incident from the Blessed Sacrament Altar about 6 feet away said to me: "Forget your foolish pride." This is 'straight talk'. Whenever I remember the incident, I laugh and thank the Lord for the straight talk.

Advent is a time of preparation. We prepare to meet the Lord by making sure our house is as clean as possible. How? Through the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Because of the Pandemics, the Eucharist and Confession are restricted. For the Eucharist, we can make a Spiritual Communion. For Confession, we can make a detailed examination of conscience and make a direct act of contrition.
To see an example of Examination of Conscience which you can use, click the link below. Permission is granted for printing anything you like on the website:

https://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2020/09/a-good-examination-of-conscience.html

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2