JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, January 31, 2021

The Power of Faith.

"I have not time to tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets,
who by faith conquered kingdoms, did what was righteous, obtained the promises." (Hebrews 11: 32 - 33).

Monday 1st February 2021, in the 4th Week in Ordinary Time.

Hebrews 11 is the great chapter on Faith. We have seen that Faith is one of the greatest gifts in life.        "For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith." (1 John 5: 4) proclaims the Beloved Disciple. What more could be said to convince you of the power of Faith.

Our key Scripture uses a powerful technique to convince us that without Faith, our lives will be unfulfilled. He uses testimonies and examples. Most of the names are familiar: David, Samuel. We can add Abraham, Elijah, Mary etc. These heroes of Faith teach us how to turn disadvantages into advantages with Faith. Their Faith is not a formality. If they are in battle, Faith is called upon as a vital armor. This trust in God is enduring through out the struggle.

How do we get this Faith?
#1. Daily nourishment with the word of God.
#2. Prayer is the activator of power in the mind.

A few examples of power producing prayer are below:

Father, I believe that You are a Father to me at every moment of my life, and that I am Your Child!
I believe that You love me with an infinite love!

I believe that You are watching over me night and day and that not a hair falls from my head without Your permission!

I believe that, in Your infinite Wisdom, You know better than I what is good for me.
I believe that, in Your infinite power, You can bring good even out of evil. 

I believe that, in your infinite goodness, You make everything to the advantage of those who love You:  even under the hands of those who strike me, I kiss Your hand which heals!

Prayers like the above affirm God's attributes in your mind at the moment of your greatest need. With bold faith, you can now ask for the specifics.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2