JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, June 25, 2021

The Feast of St Josemaria, Founder of Opus Dei.

"And I will give you shepherds according to my heart, who shall feed you with knowledge and understanding." (Jeremiah 3: 15).

Saturday 26th June 2021, 12th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Josemaria Escriva (1902 - 1976). Founder of the Opus Dei, a society whose members include men and women, married and single and priests. Unique in many ways among the community of consecrated men and women.

Opus Dei believes that it is God's will that people find their path to holiness no matter what their occupation is, viz: doctor, garbage collector, senator, office cleaner, professor, student, etc. The impact of Opus Dei and its spirituality in the modern Church is significant. They operate in some 80 countries in the world.
Josemaria is a saint of our time. He died in 1976 and was canonized in 2002 by Pope St John Paul II.

Our key Scripture is from the Entrance Antiphon on the Feast of St Josemaria.  We are all called to be pastors of souls.

Who is the Good Shepherd of our souls? Jesus Christ of course. Here is what Jesus says to a Benedictine mystic about the pastors He appointed.

"This is why it so grieves Me that churches are locked and that I am left for days on end alone in the tabernacle. I would draw souls to My open Heart, I would have them experience what it is to abide in the radiance of My Eucharistic Face, I would give Myself in intimate friendship to souls drawn to Me in the Sacrament of My love, but you priests, shepherds of souls, have forgotten that keeping open your churches is integral to your sacred ministry. I would pasture souls in My Eucharistic presence, but you, by continuing to close My churches to souls, frustrate and contradict the desires of My Eucharistic Heart." (IN SINU JESU).

The life work of St Josemaria is to remind us that we too are pastors no matter our individual calling in life. Keep the Churches open please.

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirst.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. As a child I would stop into Church as I was passing by. There are people who want to steal and abuse the Eucharist. This denies the rest of us the honor of worshiping Christ in His Church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your feedback. You have started an important discussion.
    You do not lock up a store or a restaurant because of robbery. You search for a suitable security solution. The Church should do the same. Contact your pastors and Bishop and make your views known.

    ReplyDelete

23-Psalm1to2