JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, July 01, 2021

The Call of Matthew the Tax Collector.

"As Jesus passed on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the customs post. He said to him, “Follow me.” And he got up and followed him.  While he was at table in his house, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat with Jesus and his disciples." (Matthew 9: 9 - 10).

Friday 2nd July 2021, in the 13th Week in Ordinary Time is also the First Friday in July.

Our key Scripture today narrates the Call of Matthew. From the narrative, it appears a happenchance, a natural coincidence.  Jesus was passing by and saw Matthew and called him. The meeting of Jesus with Matthew on this day is not a chance meeting. The Bible has no word for Chance. Everything is Providence. God governs the world He creates by His powerful and merciful Providence. You can term His Providence, God's grand Purpose, Blueprint or simply Plan.

Matthew met his destiny at the right time and place. How about you? Have you found your purpose? Consider this insightful piece from St John Henry Newman:

"God has created me to do him some definite service; he has committed some work to me which he has not committed to another. I have my mission—I never may know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next…. I have a part in a great work; I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons. He has not created me for naught. I shall do good, I shall do his work; I shall be an angel of peace, a preacher of truth in my own place, while not intending it, if I do but keep his commandments and serve him in my calling."

Follow Me and Matthew got up and followed Jesus.

"When nothing is clear, when nothing is foreseeable, it is the moment to make many acts of confidence. You will repeat them as often as necessary and, in them, you will find peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." (IN SINU JESU).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2