JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

No Unemployment in the Kingdom of God.

"Why have you been standing here idle all day? You go into my vineyard too.”  (Matthew 20: 6 – 7).

Wednesday 18th August 2021, in the 20th Week in Ordinary Time. 

The owner of the vineyard needs laborers for his vineyard. Hour after hour, he hires men from the labor market for his vineyard. Even at 5 pm, an hour to the end of the work day, he said to a few men he found at the labor center, "Why have you been standing here idle all day? You go into my vineyard too.”

The Church on earth is the seed of the Kingdom of God. In this Kingdom, there is no unemployment. There is work for everyone in the Vineyard. The Owner of the Vineyard is an equal opportunity Employer. He will be fair and generous. But do not be surprised and bitter if every worker is paid the same. Why were the late workers paid first?

God's mighty and merciful Providence can be very mysterious to us. 
"The vineyard of the Lord is the house of Israel.”  The Church is the vineyard of the Lord. (Isaiah 5: 7).

At the end of the parable, the Master asked the disgruntled workers:
"What if I wish to give this last one the same as you? Am I not free to do as I wish with my own money?" (Matthew 20: 14 - 15).

Since the Parable of the Vineyard is an allegory for the Church today, we may wonder:
Look at the harvest! Where are the workers?
“The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest.” (Matthew 9: 37 - 38).

"I am the source of all fruitfulness in the vineyard that is My Church. Apart from Me, you can do nothing. Come to Me, then. Remain with Me. Act for Me, guided by My Holy Spirit, and return to Me with thanksgiving. This is the secret of a priestly life that will be pleasing to Me, will build up My Church, and will glorify My Father." (IN SINU JESU page 103).

"May the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ enlighten the eyes of our mind, so that we can see what hope his call holds for us." (Ephesians 1: 17, 18).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2