JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, August 02, 2021

It's not a ghost. It is I Jesus. Do not be afraid.

 "During the fourth watch of the night, he [Jesus] came toward them, walking on the sea.  When the disciples saw him walking on the sea they were terrified. “It is a ghost,” they said, and they cried out in fear.  At once [Jesus] spoke to them, “Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid.”

Tuesday 3rd August 2021, in the 18th Week in Ordinary Time.

Have you ever faced a deep paralyzing fear in your life? For example: Being fired from a job, divorce, doctor's verdict, lost child, etc. I have faced such moments and by the grace of God, I am who I am today because of the gifts of such encounters with crippling fears.

In our key Scripture, we find the Apostles facing such a moment. Peter becomes the type for all of us in this drama.

“Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.”  He said, “Come.” Peter got out of the boat and began to walk on the water toward Jesus.

So far so good. But things changed quickly.
"But when he [Peter] saw how [strong] the wind was he became frightened; and, beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!”

Why did Peter panic? He took his eyes off Jesus. You too will panic in any crisis if you take your eyes off Jesus. What should you do? Close your eyes so that you don't see the furious waves. Then continue to affirm: "Jesus-Emmanuel I trust in Your merciful love. I remain steadfast in Your love. I cling tightly to Your love, come what may. Have mercy on me."

You will experience the instant mercy of Jesus.
"Immediately Jesus stretched out his hand and caught him, [Peter] and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”

Fear is useless. All you need is trust.

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2