JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and mind.

"One of the scribes came to Jesus and asked him, “Which is the first of all the commandments?” Jesus replied, “The first is this: Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (Mark 12: 28... 34).

Sunday 31st October 2021 in the 31st Week in Ordinary Time.

Love may well be the theme of the 31st Sunday in Ordinary Time. The first Reading is from the famous Shema Israel which devout Jews recite several times during the day.

“Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone! Therefore, you shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength. Take to heart these words which I enjoin on you today.” (Deuteronomy 6: 4 - 6).

How do we love God with all our heart, all our mind and all our strength? Jesus says:
"Whoever loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him and we will come to him."
In order words, knowing the word of Jesus and keeping it is the way to know that you love the Lord Jesus.
All the saints will agree with this.

The Little Flower, St Therese of the Child Jesus may put her doctrine of Love this way: "I, Therese I am incapable of doing great things. I am not a scholar nor can I boost of great gifts of grace. I am going to do the little things with great love."
Therese lived this doctrine. It pleased Jesus so much that He awarded Therese Doctor of the Church.

St Catherine of Siena may put her doctrine this way:
"I will seek to know the Will of God in everything. I will endeavor to do it. In the Will of God is our peace." Jesus was also very pleased with Catherine and made her a great teacher in the Church with the title of Doctor of the Church.

St Ignatius Loyola sought loving God with all his heart, mind and soul through doing everything "For the Greater Glory of God."

Whether you choose St Therese's "Way of Love" or St Catherine's "Will of God," you will find that all ways lead to Jesus. The masters of spirituality list the Seven Daily Habits of Saints thus:
Prayer, word of God, Eucharist, Reconciliation, Examination of Conscience, Faith sharing (ministry) and Spiritual reading.

"I love you, O Lord, my strength,
O Lord, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer." (Responsorial Psalm 18).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2