JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, December 23, 2021

You are my Father, my Rock, my Savior.

“He [David] shall say of me, ‘You are my father,
my God, the rock, my savior.’
Forever I will maintain my kindness toward him,
and my covenant with him stands firm.” (Psalm 89 Responsorial iii).

Friday 24th December 2021, 4th Week of Advent, Mass in the morning.).

Our key Scripture for today is from the Responsorial Psalm verse iii. I never read this dialogue between God the Father and David without feeling of some emotion. Call it sibling rivalry.  Why can't I say to Abba Father:  "You are my Father,
my God, the Rock, my Savior." In fact I can. You can. This is the whole meaning of Christmas.

"O Radiant Dawn, splendor of eternal light, sun of justice: come and shine on those who dwell in darkness and in the shadow of death."

"A child shall be born for us, and this is the name they shall give him: Mighty God. He shall sit upon the throne of David, his father, and rule; dominion shall be laid upon his shoulders." (Responsory - Office of the Reading).

"When you come into My presence, pour out your heart before Me: all that you suffer, all that you question, all that you fear, give all to Me. This you do already when you pray the psalms. It was through the psalms that I poured out My own Heart to My Father, and in the prayers of David and the holy ones of Israel, My Father heard My voice and inclined to listen to the prayer of My Heart." (IN SINU JESU, Wednesday, December 3, 2014).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2