JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, April 11, 2022

Believe Me. One of you will betray Me.

WE NEED ENDURANCE TO PERSEVERE IN DOING GOD'S WILL. THE REWARD IS HUGE.

"Reclining at table with his disciples, Jesus was deeply troubled and testified, “Amen, amen, I say to you, one of you will betray me.”.....

"Simon Peter said to him, “Master, where are you going?” Jesus answered him, “Where I am going, you cannot follow me now, though you will follow later.” Peter said to him, “Master, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my life for you.” Jesus answered, “Will you lay down your life for me? Amen, amen, I say to you, the cock will not crow before you deny me three times.” (John13:21-33...... 36-38).

Tuesday 12th April 2022 of Holy Week.

Our Gospel of today is the beginning of the Last Supper Discourse. The foreboding events of the next 24 hours weighed heavily on Jesus. Jesus is 100% Man and 100% God. The human part of His nature dreaded the agony in the garden, the brutal interrogations with curses, slaps and spitles. The crowning with thorns and dreadful flagellations. The Crucifixion!

Jesus shares His groomy ruminations with His friends: “Amen, amen, I say to you, one of you will betray me.”

Three of the disciples are mentioned by name:
#1. Judas, the traitor.
#2. The simplistic and over confident Peter.
#3. John the Evangelist simply described as "the one whom Jesus loved."

Why did Judas and Peter betray Jesus? Perhaps the more important question is: Why did Peter repent and Judas did not?
Why do some Christians hear the call to come to Jesus in the Sacrament of Penance and respond and why do others hear and not respond?

Every sin is a betrayal. Every recourse to the Sacrament of Reconciliation is acting like Peter. Every refusal to accept reconciliation and healing is being a Judas.
My friend, do not say your sin is a small one. Christ Jesus died for sin. Not for big sin or small sin. Every big sin starts from a small sin.
Sow a thought and you reap a word. Sow the word and you reap an action or deed. Sow the deeds continuously and you reap a character. Character is destiny.

Judas was treasurer of the group.
"Some thought that since Judas kept the money bag, Jesus had told him, “Buy what we need for the feast,” or to give something to the poor."
Judas helped himself little by little from the purse.

The opportunity for last Reconciliation before Easter might be right now. My Parish has the last Call on Good Friday from 12 noon to 3 pm. Help me Lord, I plan to be there.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2