JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, January 23, 2023

The Feast of St Francis de Sales, Bishop and Doctor of the Church.

How do you make important decisions in life? According to Pope Francis in a letter celebrating 400th anniversary of St Francis de Sales whose feast day is today: "Where the greatest love is to be found?"

“The mother of Jesus and his brothers arrived at the house. Standing outside, they sent word to Jesus and called him.

"A crowd seated around him told him, “Your mother and your brothers and your sisters are outside asking for you.”

"But he said to them in reply, “Who are my mother and my brothers?”

"And looking around at those seated in the circle he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother.” (Mark 3: 31 - 35).

Tuesday 24th January 2023 in the 3rd Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Francis de Sales (1567 - 1622), Bishop and Doctor of the Church. Born in France, he was the Bishop of Geneva where he combatted Calvinism. He founded with St Jane Frances de Chantal the Order of the Visitation Nuns. St Francis de Sales is an accomplished author and the patron saint of authors and journalists.

"Then I said, As is written of me in the scroll, Behold, I come to do your will, O God."  (Cf Hebrews10:1-10). Mary too lives by the Will of God. So should we her children.
If knowing this truth, you bend to any other will but the Will of God, you are a little lapping dog. Sorry, I am not yet as gentle as St Francis de Sales. I say it as I see it.
Wake up now brethren and let us ask the grace to conform our will to the Will of God. (Cf Romans 12: 2).

Not my will but Thy Will be done O Most Loving and Adorable Father.

St Francis de Sales is patron saint of writers and journalists. He is one of my patron saints. St Francis de Sales pray for us.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2