JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, April 21, 2023

Do not be afraid little ones.

It is I. Do not be afraid.


"When it was evening, the disciples of Jesus went down to the sea, embarked in a boat, and went across the sea to Capernaum. 


"It had already grown dark, and Jesus had not yet come to them. 


"The sea was stirred up because a strong wind was blowing. When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and coming near the boat, and they began to be afraid. 


"But he said to them, “It is I. Do not be afraid.” 



"They wanted to take him into the boat, but the boat immediately arrived at the shore to which they were heading." (John 6: 16 - 21).


Saturday 22nd April 2023, in the 2nd Week of Easter. 


Jesus said to the disciples: "It is I. Do not be afraid.” These words brought peace, comfort and joy to the disciples. 


This morning, I woke up feeling feverish. This fever put me in a raw mood as I had planned a number of things to accomplish today. I was in a complaining and critical frame of mind when I came to my workstation to start writing this reflection. 


When I heard Jesus say: "It is I. Do not be afraid,” I knew immediately that the Lord of History was speaking to me directly. What did I understand? 

I believe Jesus that You are watching over me night and day and that not a hair falls from my 

head without Your permission! [The fever of this day, You caused].. . "It is I. Do not be afraid. I am fully in control"]


Friends, needless to say, I regained my peace and serenity immediately. I had canceled my wake up time for prayer tomorrow morning before hearing from Jesus. I restored it.


Tomorrow is in the hands of He who is the Sole Master of the future. 


St Hildegard of Bingen, Doctor of the Church says that the word of God is Divine Command. A single word from God is enough to bring light, courage, peace and joy to our hearts.


Jesus says to us:

"It is I. Do not be afraid!" God is in His word. And His word is Divine Command. All things obey God. (Psalm 119: 11).


The word of God accomplishes everything it is sent to. (Cf Isaiah 55: 7-8).


Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2