JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

THE FEAST OF ST SHARBEL MAKHLUF, PRIEST AND HERMIT.

THE FEAST OF ST SHARBEL MAKHLUF, PRIEST AND HEEMIT. 

"The words of Jeremiah, son of Hilkiah,

of a priestly family in Anathoth, in the land of Benjamin.


The word of the LORD came to me thus:


Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,

before you were born I dedicated you,

a prophet to the nations I appointed you.

“Ah, Lord GOD!” I said,

"I know not how to speak; I am too young.”


But the LORD answered me,

Say not, “I am too young.”

To whomever I send you, you shall go;

whatever I command you, you shall speak.

Have no fear before them,

because I am with you to deliver you, says the LORD.


“Then the LORD extended his hand and touched my mouth, saying,


See, I place my words in your mouth!

This day I set you

over nations and over kingdoms,

To root up and to tear down,

to destroy and to demolish,

to build and to plant." (Jeremiah 1: 1, 4 - 10).


Wednesday July 24th 2024 of the 16th Week of Ordinary Time is the feast of St Sharbel Makhluf. (1828 - 1898). Lebanese Catholic priest, monk and hermit.

Sharbel is known for his great devotion to the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist and the Blessed Sacrament and his filial devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary. He was a great miracle worker during his life and after his earthly life. Sharbel died a Hermit in the ardor of sanctity in 1898.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,

before you were born I dedicated you,

a prophet to the nations I appointed you"  (Jeremiah 1: 5)

We reflect today on the Call of the Prophet Jeremiah. 


Jeremiah received sanctifying grace in the womb for his prophetic mission.


"Before birth the LORD called me,

from my mother’s womb he gave me my name.*

He made my mouth like a sharp-edged sword,

concealed me, shielded by his hand.

He made me a sharpened arrow,

in his quiver he hid me."  (Isaiah 49: 1 - 2)

Isaiah is another prophet who received supernatural grace in the womb of his mother.  Supernatural or sanctifying grace is the unmerited favor and permanent disposition God places in a soul that enables us to love God, respond to His love, love our neighbor and be god-like.  This is the same grace given to every Christian in Baptism. In the scriptures, we see instances of this in Isaiah, Jeremiah and John the Baptist."

“I have made you this day a pillar of iron!” 


"The word of the Lord came to me: Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I dedicated you, a prophet to the nations I appointed you."  (Jeremiah 1: 4-5). 


How do we respond to the awesome call of God? Jeremiah gives us the inspired response below:

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence.  He is like a tree planted along a riverbank, with its roots reaching deep into the water—a tree not bothered by the heat nor worried by long months of drought. Its leaves stay green, and it goes right on producing all its luscious fruit."  (Jeremiah 17: 7 - 8 TLB)


The Church honors the Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ in July. 

"Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood." (Acts 20: 28).


Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ purify and heal us. 


For Prayers and Prayer intentions for the Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ click the link below:


http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2024/06/july-devotion-to-precious-body-of-jesus.html?m=1 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2