JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, October 12, 2024

YOU LACK ONE THING!

YOU LACK ONE THING. 

"As Jesus was setting out on a journey, a man ran up,

knelt down before him, and asked him,


"Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

"Jesus answered him, "Why do you call me good? 

No one is good but God alone.


"You know the commandments: You shall not kill;

you shall not commit adultery;

you shall not steal;

you shall not bear false witness;

you shall not defraud;

honor your father and your mother." 

He replied and said to him,

"Teacher, all of these I have observed from my youth."


"Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said to him,


"You are lacking in one thing.

Go, sell what you have, and give to the poor

and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me." 

"At that statement his face fell,

and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.

"Jesus looked around and said to his disciples,

"How hard it is for those who have wealth

to enter the kingdom of God!"

 

"The disciples were amazed at his words.


"So Jesus again said to them in reply,

"Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! 

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle

than for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." 

"They were exceedingly astonished and said among themselves,

"Then who can be saved?"


"Jesus looked at them and said,


"For human beings it is impossible, but not for God. 

All things are possible for God." 


"Peter began to say to him,

"We have given up everything and followed you." 


"Jesus said, "Amen, I say to you, there is no one who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands

for my sake and for the sake of the Gospel who will not receive a hundred times more now in this present age:

houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands,

with persecutions, and eternal life in the age to come." (Mark 10: 17 - 30).


Jesus looked with love at the rich young man who came to Him for advice and Jesus said to him:   “You are lacking in one thing."

What is the One Thing holding you back from fully embracing Jesus?


Money, job, possessions, comfort?  Letting go that one thing is your path to fulfillment and genuine happiness. 


Here is what the Rich Young man needed to know from our first Reading today (Wisdom 7: 7 - 11):


 "I prayed, and prudence was given me;

        I pleaded, and the spirit of wisdom came to me.

    I preferred her to scepter and throne,

    and deemed riches nothing in comparison with her,

        nor did I liken any priceless gem to her;

    because all gold, in view of her, is a little sand,

        and before her, silver is to be accounted mire.

    Beyond health and comeliness I loved her,

    and I chose to have her rather than the light,

        because the splendor of her never yields to sleep.

    Yet all good things together came to me in her company,

        and countless riches at her hands." (Cf Wisdom 7: 7 - 11). 


At the root of the young man's negative response is: Lack of faith and lack of wisdom. 


The young man is a man of Doing. "I have done all the commandments since my youth." 


Faith is believing and not doing. Example: "I believe that God will help me to enter into Eternal life." 


It is a sad and tragic response we hear from the young man.


 The many possessions of the man have now possessed him and made him a slave. We see this situation too often in life. 

The Lord Jesus provides a solution in Matthew 6: 33.

"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." (NLT).


THE ONE THING WE LACK IS THE VERY ONE THING WE NEED.  WE NEED COMPLETE TRUST IN GOD. 


"The Lord became my Protector.  He brought me out to a place of freedom;  He saved me because He delighted in me."  (Cf Psalm 18: 19-20 RM)


"The riches of My kingdom are for all whom I have redeemed with My own Blood, but it pleases Me to bestow them through My Mother, the Queen and Mediatrix who stood at the foot of My Cross, offering Me and offering herself with Me. Today she reigns with Me in paradise.  All that I won for souls from My Father on the altar of the Cross, with My Mother at My side, I will now pour out on souls through her Heart and through her hands." (IN SINU JESU, Tuesday, January 8, 2008).


October is the Holy Rosary Month. 

“The Rosary is my favorite prayer” – “How beautiful is the family that recites the Rosary every evening!” – “The Rosary is a prayer both so humble and simple and a theologically rich in Biblical content. I beg you to pray it”.(St. Pope John Paul II). 

Say the Holy Rosary every day in October. 


For Prayers, Consecration, Litany, Testimony of Jesus about those who pray the Rosary, click the link below:


https://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2023/09/october-devotion-to-holy-rosary.html?m=1 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2