JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Enough Money

“Keep your lives free from love of money, and be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, ‘I will never leave you; I will never abandon you.’ Let us be bold, then, and say, ‘The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?” (Hebrews 13: 5)

I have never thought of faith as boldness. But the above scripture says: “Let us be bold…” which in the context means: Let us have faith. When I looked up the word bold in the Thesaurus, I saw among many words the following: audacious, courageous, daring, fearless, unafraid, etc. The opposite of bold is defined as: afraid, cowardly, fearful, timid, weak, etc.

To enjoy God’s promise on money, we must be fearless in claiming the gift. The love of money creates in us the condition for being fearful of the loss of money. But God’s word says:

Do not worry about money. Have no anxiety whatsoever about money.
Be content with whatever you have.
If you have much, be content with it. If you have little, be equally content.
God promises: I will always support you and be your sufficiency. You will never be embarrassed on account of money.
You will always have what you need.
Trust in Me at all times to provide.

Because God has made the promise and I know that God is true and faithful, I am very bold and confident as I say: “The Lord is my helper in all my financial needs. Why should I be afraid? Nobody can threaten me or embarrass me because of money. This is God’s word and it is true. If I believe it and do not doubt at all, everything becomes possible.” (Matthew 21: 21).

“The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need.” (Psalm 23: 1)
“The Lord is my light and my salvation; I will fear no one.” (Psalm 27:1)

“Protect me, O God; I trust in you for safety. I say to the Lord, ‘you are my Lord; all the good things I have come from you.” (Psalm 16:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2