JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Watch and Pray

“And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven; then too all the people of the earth will beat their breasts; and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet to gather his chosen from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.” (Matthew 24: 30 – 31)

When Christ came the first time, it was in a humble and dependent state. When he comes the second time, it will be in great glory and power. When will Christ come to gather the chosen from the four corners of the earth? Nobody knows. When will he come to gather me up? It may happen sooner rather than later.

My life today should be a preparation for the coming of Christ to take me home. How do I prepare for this imminent event? I prepare by prayer. “Watch and pray for you do not know the hour.” I prepare also by the study of the word of God. I prepare by doing the work that Christ has given me to do today.

Lord Jesus, I thank you for your word today. As I wait for your coming to take me home, teach me to listen to your word today and obey it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2