JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, January 16, 2006

Obedience is better than Sacrifice

Obedience is better than Sacrifice

“My food is to do the will of the one who sent me, and to complete his work.”  (John 4:34)

The Father sent Jesus to the world to redeem the world from sin.  That is the mission of Jesus Christ, given by the Father.  Jesus understood his job so well.  Fulfilling this task, gives his life sustenance as food does to the body.  “Man does not live on bread alone.  There is life for him in every word that comes from the mouth of God.”  The word of God equals the will of God.  Food apart from sustaining us gives us pleasure.  Doing God’s will gives Christ maximum pleasure.  How about us?

How different Jesus is from us when it comes to obedience to God’s will.  In 1 Samuel 15:  16 – 23, the prophet Samuel rebuked Saul for substituting his own will for God’s will.  And Saul protested, “I did indeed obey the Lord and fulfill the mission on which the Lord sent me.”  (1 Samuel 15: 20)  And the prophet Samuel told him that “Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission than the fat of rams.”

In Psalm 40: 8, it is written, “In the scroll of the book it is written of me, my delight is to do your will; your law, my God is deep in my heart.”  This scripture applies not only to Jesus Christ but to all the redeemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2