JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Signs of Grace

Signs of Grace

“So they said, ‘What sign will you give to show us that we should believe in you? What work will you do? Our fathers had manna to eat in the desert; as scripture says: He gave them bread from heaven to eat.” (John 6: 30)

Suppose I ask Jesus today: ‘What sign will you give to show me that I should believe in you? What work will you do?’ What answer should I expect?

In 1996, I wrote the following to this question: “The greatest sign is the presence of the Holy Spirit in me. I know that the peace and tranquility that I enjoy does not have its source in me. The increasing meaning of the word of God in my life is another sign. The Church, the community of people who believe in Jesus is a living sign. The miracles in my life convince me of God’s constant intervention. Answers to my prayers are not just accidents or coincidences. They are signs of favor of God.” Today, 2006, tens years later, I will add the gift of the Eucharist and the gift of the presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.

My faith in Jesus is growing. I thank him for the wonderful gift of perseverance. It is not possible to persevere for ten years in following a shadow. Jesus Christ has become a solid reality in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2