JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, March 13, 2006

The fullness of truth

The fullness of truth

“But when the Spirit of truth comes he will lead you to the complete truth, since he will not be speaking as from himself but will say only what he has learned; and he will tell you of the things to come.  He will glorify me, since all he tells you will be taken from what is mine.” (John 16: 13-14)

The Holy Spirit has come to me.  I do not wait for any other coming.  What I do now is to grow in the Spirit through the word of God, the sacraments and prayer.  As I grow in the Spirit, he leads me more and more into the truth about Christ, his mission and his teaching.  The complete truth will not be revealed all at once.  But I have the promise that I will be led to the fullness of truth as I develop spiritually.  The means are laid down by Christ Jesus himself:  word of God, the Eucharist and prayer.

The Spirit will teach me about Jesus.  Everyday I pray to know the heart of Jesus intimately, to love him passionately and to follow him everywhere.  It is the Spirit who inspires me to pray thus.  It is the same Spirit who will accomplish these ideals in me.

Thank you Jesus for the gift of the Holy Spirit.  I recognize that he is your greatest gift to me.  His presence is a guarantee that all your promises to me will be fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2