JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

When I am afraid...

When I am afraid….

“I have told you all this so that your faith may not be shaken …..  But I have told you all this so that when the time for it comes you may remember that I told you.”
(John 16: 1-4)

What is it that Jesus has told me so that my faith may not be shaken?  What has he told me that should help me in times of crisis?  What are the things that Christ says to me today that sustains my faith in the Enterprise?  Here are a few:

  • I give you peace.

  • I am with you; I am for you.

  • My grace is always with you.

  • Ask and you shall receive.

  • If you want to be my follower, take up your cross and follow me.

These are some of the things that Jesus says to me today that sustains my faith.  I am encouraged to seek from God’s word: peace, courage and strength.  Psalm 56: 3-4 puts it so well:

“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you,
in God, whose word I praise
in God I put my trust and have no fear,
what power has human strength over me?”


No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2