JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Doubt No More

Doubt No More

“Doubt no longer but believe…… You believe because you can see me. Happy are those who have not seen and yet believe.” (John 20: 28 – 29)

Today, faith is the main message and the principal gift from Christ. Jesus is urging me not to doubt any more but to believe fully. He went on to say that those who believe in the word of God without waiting to see sense evidence like Thomas are blessed. It seems to me that the dominant theme of the resurrection is faith in Jesus and peace and joy to those who believe in him.

Today I am seeking a deep experience of faith. What exactly do I want? I want a sure and unshaken belief in Jesus’ word, his promises. A belief that is unshaken by delays, obstacles and disappointments. A belief that is born out of the experience of the cross and resurrection. A belief that understands intimately God’s gentle arrangement in life, that is, that cross comes before crown, and tests before testimony. The delays, obstacles and disappointments are the crosses, tests and trials. Surely, like in the case of Jesus, I see them as the sweet forebears of crown and victory.

Lord Jesus, thank you for your word today. Grant me strong faith, faith that stands on your word inspite of delays, obstacles and disappointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2