JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Go to my brothers

Go to my brothers

“But go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
(John 20:17)

Jesus here calls his disciples who deserted him at the hour of his greatest need “my brothers.” I am deeply touched by this. It shows complete forgiveness and acceptance of these “brothers” who had every reason at this time to fear reproach, condemnation and punishment. Oh that I may be as magnanimous as Jesus.

He also said here: ‘I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’ God is indeed my Father. This is a great encouragement when I pray to him today.

Jesus spoke these words to Mary of Magdala. (John 20: 17) Mary’s love for Jesus took her to the tomb first thing in the morning. Jesus rewarded this devotion and loyalty by appearing to her and making her the first messenger of his resurrection. There is a lesson here. When Mary took the word of Jesus to his brothers, they did not believe her. They had a stereotype idea of how such a message should come to them. I pray for grace to discern God’s word in my life, no matter from whatever source.

Thank you Jesus for your word this morning. Increase my faith and love for the Father. Open my mind fully to your messages today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2