JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

O Happy Fault!

O Happy Fault!

“Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?’  When Jesus heard this he said to them, ‘It is not the healthy who need the doctor, but the sick.  I did not come to call the virtuous, but sinners.”  (Mark 2: 17)

“Bless the Lord, my soul; all my being, bless his holy name!  Bless the Lord, my soul; do not forget all the gifts of God, who pardons all your sins and heals all your ills.”  (Psalm 103: 1-3).  Yes indeed, Jesus came to call sinners and not the just.  He came to bring health to the sick.   My misfortunes have brought me a Savior.  O happy fault!

How do I appropriate more fully the promises of Jesus in Mark 2: 17?  I confess my sins to God.  I partake of the sacrament of reconciliation.  I become aware that I am now a friend of Jesus and I do what is right.  I affirm always that by his stripes I am healed.  I look to Jesus to provide me good health and maintain it.  I do the right thing with regard to my health.  I eat sensibly, rest well and exercise properly.

Now that these gifts are mine, I teach them to others and help them appropriate them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2