JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Secret of the Kingdom

The Secret of the Kingdom

“The secret of the kingdom of God is given to you, but to those who are outside everything comes in parable, so that they may see and see again, but not perceive; may hear and hear again, but not understand.”  (Mark 4: 11-12)

To understand the words and works of God, one must be an insider.  The process of becoming an insider is analogous to the process of initiation into a cult.  We call this process the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults.   The inquirer comes to the Church and declares his interest in becoming a member.  He or she is then instructed in the basics of the Christian faith for a period between one year and three years.  The inquirer is taught the main events of salvation history from the Bible, the person and the life of Jesus Christ and the Sacraments of the Church.  When he is ready, he declares publicly his intention to proceed to full initiation into the “secret of the kingdom of God” through Baptism, Confirmation and the Eucharist.  Then he becomes an insider who has received the secrets of the kingdom of God.

I thank God for having initiated me into the secrets of his kingdom.  I believe the words of Jesus that the kingdom of God is now within me.  The seed of the word of God is in my heart.  This word is active and dynamic.  If I tend it, it will grow and yield harvest in proportion to my desire and faith.  Today’s word of life reminds me of my call by Christ to a life of friendship and companionship with him.  Jesus spoke the words in Mark 4: 11 – 12 when he was alone with his disciples.

Lord Jesus, thank you for your call to a life of friendship and companionship.  I need to feel your presence very close at this moment.  I know you will tell me that you are always very close.  Make me believe it keenly every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2