JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Jesus summoned those he wanted

Jesus summoned those he wanted.

“He now went up into the hills and summoned those he wanted.  So they came to him and he appointed 12; they were to be his companions and to be sent out to preach, with power to cast out devils.”  (Mark 3: 13-14)

Jesus summoned those he wanted.  He wanted me and therefore he called me.   Like the second call of Jonas, this is also my second calling.  Lord Jesus, I have heard.  Now tell me what to do.  

Those Christ called, he made his companions.  What is a companion?  A companion is a friend that is always there, sharing everything with his friend.  Availability is a characteristic of companionship.  Christ wants me to be his companion.  He wants me to make a permanent room in my heart for him.  Lord, thank you for this honor.  I accept.

He sent out the 12 to preach with power to cast out devils.  Although they had not become knowledgeable in kingdom principles, in personal holiness or their commitment to him, he trusted them enough to send them out to preach in his name.  How about me?  Today I yearn for power to publish Christ.  I believe that Jesus will give me this power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2