JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Your Word is my Guide

Your Word is my Guide

“For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

Does the word of God give me a deeper understanding of my life and destiny?  Does it give me a greater courage to face life’s problems?

Our lives revolve around 6 issues which I call the 6 war zones.  They are:

  1. Family

  2. Health

  3. Money

  4. Job

  5. Tools

  6. Food

How has God’s word helped me to gain a deeper understanding of these issues?  I learned from Jesus to pose the question:  “What does the scripture day on this?”  The word of God teaches us key concepts about God.  For example:  God is all powerful, all wise and all loving.  He cares for me every moment of my life.  No accident can happen in my life as God is in control and is saving me through every circumstance and event.

The scripture also teaches me God’s point of view on each of the 6 war zones.  When I ask the question:  “What does the scripture say about food?”  I receive this answer:  “Man does not live on bread alone.  There is life for him in every word that come from the mouth of God.” (Matthew 4: 4).  This scripture gives me both the wisdom and the courage to deal with my situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2