JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Do not be afraid!

Do not be afraid!

“Then Peter said, ‘I swear that I am telling the truth!  May God punish me if I am not!  I do not know the man you are talking about.’  Just then a cock crowed a second time, and Peter remembered how Jesus had said to him, ‘Before the cock crows twice, you will say three times that you do not know me.’  And he broke down and cried.”  (Mark 14: 71 – 72)

Jesus predicted Peter’s behavior but Peter did not believe him.  As followers of Jesus, we face on daily basis many dangers and temptations.  The New Testament is full of warnings on the need to be vigilant and alert.  The New Testament is also full of remedies to the various dangers and temptations we face in our Christian walk.

What particular door was open in Peter through which the devil walked in unchallenged?  Fear!  Fear of suffering.  What does Jesus say on the subject of fear?  
Don’t fear those who do no more than cause you physical suffering?
You can only retain your life by losing it.
Do not be afraid.
Take up  your cross everyday and follow me.

Lord, grant us the grace to overcome fears in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2