JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Promise of Provision 2

Promise of Provision 2

“Man does not live on bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.”

(Matthew 4: 4)

Some ten years ago, I read Christian Science literature from time to time. I was deeply impressed by their strong expression of faith. At this time too, I was contemplating self-employment and was obviously feeling insecure about the prospects. I was encouraged by the ideas below from a Christian Science literature.

“Sometime ago I changed professions. My new vocation was aimed at helping others. It meant that I will be self-employed and would not have any secured salaried position. More than ever, our family would have to trust in God, divine love to provide our food, shelter, healthcare, etc.

Can I rely on God, divine love, as a source of supply if I am called to minister to mankind fulltime, without benefit of a regular salary? Yes, love is always the genuine source of our provision, so I can and should want to rely wholly on God.

Was it foolish for me to think that I could support my family by serving God and loving my neighbor? Not according to biblical record, including Jesus Christ’s teachings. The Book of Proverbs promises, “He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack.” (Proverbs 28: 27)

Jesus taught that knowing and serving God, and helping our fellowman, are our number one priority. Divine love blesses this work. The Gospel of Mark reports Jesus as stating: “There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters or father, or mother, or wife or children, or lands, for my sake and the gospel’s, but he should receive a hundred fold, now in this time, houses and brethren, and sisters and mothers and children, and lands with persecution; and in the world to come eternal life.” (Mark 10: 29 – 30)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2