JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Shalom

Shalom!

“I am going to provide a place for my people Israel; I shall plant them there, and there they will live and never be disturbed again; nor will they be oppressed by the wicked anymore, as they were in former times ….. I shall grant you rest from all your enemies.” (2 Samuel 7: 10)

I discover in this Promised Land scripture the following promises that I can appropriate:

God himself will provide a place for me.

He himself will plant me there and there I will live.

Nobody will disturb me.

The wicked will not oppress me: (for example – money, job, tools, family, health, food)

God will grant me rest from all my enemies.

As I write this, I recall one of the greatest gifts of the Mass: Peace. Peace is offered as a gift of Christ to us in the Mass at least 5 times. Lord Jesus, I truly believe that you anoint me with peace every time I meet you in the Eucharist. I know now why you give me this peace. Yes, you give it to me to enjoy and to become your instrument of peace to the world. Lord, I will never know how to do this until you teach me. Please Jesus, make me an instrument of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2