JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, October 02, 2006

This Cup

This cup

“My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet, not as I will, but as you will.” (Matthew 26: 39)

Without overcoming the fear of physical suffering and the fear of criticism, we shall never be able to achieve our potentials in Christ’s vineyard. The Holy Rosary is the most powerful prayer I have experienced and this month of October 2006, I thank God for 12th year of commitment to the daily Rosary. Apart from the Eucharist, nothing has brought me more power, peace and protection than the Holy Rosary.

In the First Sorrowful Mystery of the Rosary, we recall the agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. He prayed: “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet, not as I will, but as you will.” This is a prayer to overcome the fear of physical suffering. I have used it to pray for this intention for the past 12 years. I pray the 3rd Sorrowful Mystery, the Crowning of Christ with thorns to overcome the fear of criticism and to accept humiliation and rejections.

We can pray confidently with Christ for God’s will to be done in our lives because we know that Our Father is almighty, loving and all wise. He can never permit harm to come to us except it is for a greater good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2