JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Light of Faith

Light of Faith

“They were overjoyed at seeing the star, and on entering the house, found the child with Mary his mother. They prostrated themselves and did him homage. Then they opened their coffers and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.” (Matthew 2: 10 – 12)

The wise men presented gifts to the infant Jesus through Mary. This calls to mind a variant of the prayer that many of us learned as children and many still repeat everyday: “O my Jesus, I offer you through the Immaculate Heart of Mary all my prayers, desires and hopes, all my actions, temptations and sufferings, my delays, disappointments and obstacles. I offer you all my time, talent and treasure. I offer all these on every altar of the world where the Eucharist is celebrated today. I offer them for the remission of my sins and for the salvation of souls.”

The Father revealed Jesus to the nations by the guidance of a star. Faith is our guiding star in life. The light of faith is strong. We see by it. The world is constantly seeking to impose limits to our life of faith.

“Father of light, unchanging God, today you reveal to men of faith the resplendent fact of the Word made flesh. Your light is strong, your love is near; draw us beyond the limits which this world imposes, to the life where your Spirit makes all life complete. We ask this through Christ our Lord.” (Opening Prayer, Mass of the Epiphany.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2