JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Asking and Receiving

Asking and Receiving

“And whatever we ask we shall receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what is acceptable to him ………Whoever keeps his commandments remains in God, and God in him. And this is the proof that he remains in us.” (1 John 3: 22 -24)

I meet again the wonderful promise of asking and receiving. This great promise is repeated several times in the New Testament in order to encourage us to ask the One who possesses all things and is generous in his gifts.

What am I asking for today?

  • · To know Christ intimately.
  • · To love him with great passion.
  • · To serve him faithfully everywhere.
  • · To be fully supported by Christ.
  • · To depend on Christ for my security.

The Holy Spirit promises through 1 John 3: 22-24 that I shall receive these gifts. I believe this and I hold to it. I am also aware that I receive these gifts as a son who does what is pleasing to his father. This attitude and behavior cause me to remain in God and God to remain in me. The presence and activities of the Holy Spirit within me is the proof of this indwelling. The Holy Spirit manifests his presence through his fruits which are “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, trustfulness, gentleness and self- control.” (Galatians 5: 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2