JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

You call, you make, you give

"I, the Lord have called you for the victory of justice, I have grasped you by the hand; I formed you, and set you as a covenant of the people, a light for the nations ..." (Isaiah 42: 6)

Lord, this promise is too much for me to appropriate. But then, when I think that it is your calling that justifies me, I begin to have some hope. I remember the Church's prayer on the feast day of St. Ambrose which is today:

"Lord, you made St. Ambrose an outstanding teacher of the Catholic faith and gave him the courage of an apostle..."

Lord, it is you who calls, makes and gives all things. You have the absolute power to make me whatever you want. Lord help me to surrender completely to your providence for me, so that you can make me what you like and give me all that you have planned for me. I ask this in your name Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2