JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Our Calling

"No one takes this honor on himself; it needs a call from God, as in Aaron's case." (Hebrews 5: 4)

A vocation is a call from God, an appointment by God. God appoints those he chooses to share in a particular manner in the work of redemption with his son, Jesus. When we are baptized, God chooses us to be his adopted children. This is also when we receive our vocation. While some are called to the ministerial priesthood like Aaron, every baptized is called to a particular ministry.

What am I called to? I am called to be a friend and companion of Jesus. I am called to know Jesus intimately, to love him passionately and to teach men to know and love him. Am I on focus? Am I on strategy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2