JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Mary – Our Mother

"Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad because of her, all you who love her;

Exult, exult with her, all you who were mourning over her!

Oh, that you may suck fully of the milk of her comfort,

That you may nurse with delight at her abundant breasts!

For thus says the Lord:

Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent.

As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap;

As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you; in Jerusalem you shall find your comfort." (Isaiah 66: 10-14)


 

The above scripture was read at Mass on February 11, 1997 on the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. It is clear that the Church intends us to turn our reflection to Mary, the Mother of Jesus Christ as we read and meditate on Isaiah 66: 10-14 on this day. I confided the reflection below to my journal on this occasion.

"I rejoice with Mary and I am glad for her. I love Mary. I share her joy with all my heart because I recognize her as the Mother of Sorrows.

I will suck fully of the milk of her comfort. I will drink deep with delight from her generous breasts.

God blesses her with prosperity which flows over her like a river.

O House of gold!

O Ivory Tower!

I will be suckled, carried on her lap.

As a mother comforts her son, so Mary, my mom will comfort me.

When this happens, my heart shall rejoice and my body flourish like the grass.

And everybody will know that the hand of the Lord is upon me. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2