JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, September 24, 2007

God's Supply System

“Oh, bless the Lord, my soul!
All creatures look to you
to give them food in due time.
When you give it to them, they gather it;
When you open your hand, they are filled with good things.” (Psalm 104: 1, 27, 28)

Early in 1999, I confided to my journal the following reflection on the above Psalm.
“In casa, I look to God to provide me food in due time. My coffee is finished and my tea will go by tomorrow. I have only $3. But I am not worried. In due time, my Father will come with fresh supplies. I will do nothing rash. When God gives to me, I gather it. When he opens his hands, I am filled with good things.

I noticed this pattern of God’s supply system chez MI. Sometimes the store was very low. Then prayer. In due time, God supplied and filled the house with good things: quaker oat, cornflakes, butter, milk, fruits, etc. I believe I should expect the same system of supply in casa. Christ said: Do not worry about what to eat or drink. Your Father already knows what you need and will supply in due season. If you miss an item or two for some time, remember that man does not live on bread alone. There is life for him in the word of God, in obedience and in patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2