JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Project Canisius

“Then he summoned the Twelve and began to send them out in pairs, giving them authority over unclean spirits. And he instructed them to take nothing for the journey except a staff – no bread, no haversack, no coppers for their purses.” (Mark 6: 7 -9)
In 1998, I started a website as a journal of my reflections on Sacred Scripture. That was some years before Blog. I called the adventure Project Canisius. I confided this reflection to my journal on the above scripture:
“Jesus sent out the Twelve on practicum. Project Canisius is practicum. As part of practicum, the Apostles were to learn apostolic simplicity and trust in God to provide all their needs. They were to stay in the same house until they leave the district.
Project Canisius is practicum.
Lord, teach me apostolic simplicity. Teach me to depend on you to provide all my needs. Remove from me unnecessary worries. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2