JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Purpose, Personality and Position

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not in your own perception. In everything you do acknowledge him and he will direct your path." (Proverbs 3:5)

God knows the best. He has seen the whole pattern of the weaving with regard to my life's purpose. He is making a strategic match between my:

  • Purpose
  • Personality
  • Position (environment)

I trust God to arrange the best.

My purpose and personality are constant. My position is constantly changing. What I need above all is to have a firm faith in God's plan for my life. I like the way Isaiah talked about faith in Isaiah 7:9:

"If you do not stand firm in faith, you shall not stand at all." (NRSV)

"Have firm faith or you shall fail to stand firm." (Revised English Bible)

"Unless your faith is firm you shall not be firm!" (New American Bible)

"If you will not take your stand on me, you will not stand firm." (New Jerusalem Bible)

"You do not believe me? If you want me to protect you, learn to believe what I say." (New Living Translation)


 

Four of the above translations talk about the quality of faith in terms of firmness. I looked up "firm' in Merriam Webster Dictionary and found the following:

1 a
: securely or solidly fixed in place  b
: not weak or uncertain : vigorous  c
: having a solid or compact structure that resists stress or pressure
2 a(1) : not subject to change or revision (2) : not subject to price weakness : steady  b
: not easily moved or disturbed : steadfast  c
: well-founded

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2