JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Promise and Fulfillment

"Ask, and it will be given to you; search and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you ….. " (Matthew 7: 7 – 12)

This is big promise from Jesus. Do I believe this? Yes, I do. Do I believe that this applies to me all the time? I do not know. We read in the Book of Joshua these beautiful words about God's faithfulness to his promises:

"And so the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to their fathers he would give them. Once they have conquered and occupied it, the Lord gave them peace on every side, just as he had promised their fathers. Not one of their enemies could withstand them; the Lord brought all their enemies under their power. Not a single promise that the Lord made to the house of Israel was broken; every one was fulfilled." (Joshua 21: 43 – 45)

We see in Scripture again and again that God is a Promise Keeper. My relationship with the Holy Spirit has grown from my experience that I can ask for help and receive it in a timely fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2